Tuesday 26 January 2010

The Magnificence of Elephants


Image by Victoria Neblik, 2010, all rights reserved.

"If you ask the average person to describe the colour of an elephant, you will most likey be told that elephants are grey. Certainly, on gloomy, overcast days, they can appear to be grey: but I have noticed many different colours emanate from elephants. As the light bounces off them, they seem pink at sunset, blue at night, orange in the morning and brown under a coating of dust."- wildlife photographer Steve Bloom - quote from his book "Elephant"

2 comments:

  1. What lovely creatures elephants are. I watch a programme on TV where artists give painting lessons - one of the atrists gave a lesson on painting elephants - the point is she used purples, pinks and blues as the body colour which would agree with these sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen that programme, too and, although I'd like to agree with you, I have to say that I think she's just slightly mad...

    ReplyDelete